I’ve created a book list below of some of my favorite books; books you should read. I’m a fantasy lover, so if fantasy isn’t exactly your cup of tea, you may not like these books. But really, you should still try reading them. 🙂
- Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien: I mean it; read them! You won’t be disappointed. J. R. R. Tolkien is an amazing writer, but his writing style can be a bit tough at times. Once you get past this, though, you are guaranteed to fall in love with these books.
- Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling: Another must-read series. All I can say is that J. K. Rowling is a genius-story-teller. If you’re a fantasy person, you will love the magic and adventure in this series.
- The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan: Rick Riordan has a signature writing style like no other author. He tells his story through the eyes of a hilarious teenager, Percy Jackson. Really, these books are hilarious! Definitely read, especially if you love Greek Mythology.
- The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart: Four brilliant children band together to save the world from the wrong hands. The first book is amazing; I’m reading the second one right now. So far, it’s great, too.
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee: This book is about racial prejudices in the South, and it takes place in the 1930’s or 1940’s, I believe. It is a moving book and an American classic.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket: Very clever, very funny. The books center around three children and an evil villain trying to steal the children’s fortune. Unfortunately, the children are very unfortunate by no fault of their own. Another great series filled with action, brains, and mysterious societies and symbols.
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis: Please tell me you’ve heard of these books. Just do yourself a favor and read them, OK?
- Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle: There are many short stories and a few novels about Sherlock. My favorite novel was The Hound of the Baskervilles, and my favorite short story was The Speckled Band.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry: A moving story about a boy named Jonas who discovers that his “perfect” community is not as perfect as he thought it was.
Thank you for reading this long list of awesome books! If you’re a bookworm like me, and you’re looking for more books to read, and you haven’t read all of the books on this list, try picking up a few of these books. Tell me what you think about them in the comments!
Have a nice day!